As a firm we work with individual investors, including family trusts, with in excess of $1,000,000 in assets.
As a fiduciary advisor, we identify investments and manage portfolios across multiple asset classes. We work only in your best interest. Based on our extensive knowledge of the financial markets, we are able to provide comprehensive analysis and manage positions for our clients in equities, fixed income, commodities and alternatives to include physical assets, private placements and angel investing.
Our clients often start with the need to have their investments consolidated, analyzed and managed into a single comprehensive view. Most investors do not have an accurate picture of their total investments, how these investments are correlated and what real risks they are taking across their entire portfolio.
Each of our client portfolios is customized to match the client’s risk profile and long term goals. We maintain a small client to advisor ratio, and will always take the time to understand and know the objectives of each investor. As a firm, we do not invest client assets into holdings that we would not invest in ourselves. Our portfolio construction and daily monitoring will always include the basics tenants of portfolio management which are:
- Asset Allocation: Creating a detailed and proper asset allocation plan and implementation timeline for each investor
- Rebalancing: Quarterly rebalancing of the portfolio to bring investment goals and percentages in alignment with stated objectives
- Risk Management: Detailed risk management discovery and analysis are performed to manage risks under different market conditions and economic cycles
- Sector Rotation: Quarterly sector rotation and/or tilts to take advantage of fast growing industries, regions and individual countries
- Tax Loss Harvesting: Regular communication with your CPA to identify and offset taxes on your holdings
Until recently, alternative investments have only been available to the institutional investors such as pension funds, endowments and insurance companies. . Alternative investments are now beginning to have a broader acceptability in the market and have opened to HNW investors. Alternative investments can offer non-correlated market returns not generally available through the traditional and public markets.
The vast majority of wealthy individuals and independent advisors have had limited access to top investments in the alternative space. At Copper River Advisors, we pursue alternative investment opportunities through our extensive network of corporate executives, entrepreneurs and industry leaders. We are experienced in alternatives and our process constantly seeks to minimize investor risk while maximizing potential returns.
What are Alternative Investments?
Simply put, Alternatives are investments that don’t fall into the categories of traditional investment (or assets)—namely stocks, bonds or funds/ETF’s that invest in these securities. Alternative refers to investments that:
- Have the ability to invest long and short simultaneously
- Have the ability to invest across various asset classes
- Are not restricted to one investment style
- Have the potential to achieve positive returns in up or down markets